All-Star Baseball (COVID-19) Practices & Procedures
As our country re-opens and many things begin again including youth sports, we all need to realize that it comes with risks. Below we have some practices & procedures that will require all tournament participants, coaches, families, umpires etc., to do all they can do to try and prevent the spread of covid-19. With that being said, we encourage anyone that does not feel safe, to please not attend our summer tournaments. Thank you.
- Spectators are encouraged bring their own seating and maintain “social distancing”of at least 6 feet between families. Tents must remain 6 feet apart and will be restricted to family members only.
- Dugouts will be open but coaches may use the area along the fence line for distancing purposes if they choose. Please have players bring their own chairs if you choose to do so.
- Dugouts will be limited to players & coaches only. No bat boys or girls allowed.
- As a team enters the dugout, they are to wipe down any hard surfaces such as benches, bat racks, etc. This same practice will be applied again as you leave the dugout when the game has ended. Teams are also required to clean their dugout of all trash and debris after each game.
- Parents and Coaches should supply their players with necessary antibacterial spray, wipes and hand sanitizer for disinfecting shared playing equipment and cleaning hands between innings.
- Players may wear any personal protection equipment deemed necessary by their parents as long as such items do not compromise the safety of any and all participants of the game.
- If contact occurs between players during games, coaches may call time in order to disinfect each player.
- The coaches meeting at home plate will be limited to (1 coach) from each team and (2 umpires). No assistant coaches or players at the plate meeting.
- Post game scorecard signing shall be done with (1 coach) from each team and (2 umpires). This shall be done at the pitcher’s mound after the field is cleared for distancing purposes.
- No handshakes after games. Teams can line up on their respective baseline and tip their cap to the opposing team in order to minimize player contact.
- After Championship games, teams will lineup on their respective baselines. Coaches will be presented team trophies. Tournament directors will not hand out individual awards to players. Coaches will be given the awards to distribute to players after the game.
- We ask that sunflower seeds and other items that require spitting not be used.
- We request that those with a chronic disease or those with a compromised immune system not attend for your safety.
- PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE! Anyone that is experiencing any symptoms of any potential illness should not attend any events until you have been cleared by your doctor.
Please realize that everyone will be depending on each other to adhere to these guidelines and the guidelines that we have all been dealing with for several months. Let’s all be as safe as we can be as we finally get these players back on the field!